· 2 tablespoons butter
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 2 cups milk
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
· 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
· A few slices of Kraft Singles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, salt, mustard and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- To the milk mixture add the Cheddar and stir until cheese melts. Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2 quart baking dish; mix well.
- Layer Kraft Singles slices over the whole top of the dish, sovering the contents
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.